COVID Safety Plan & Precautions
Although the State of Wisconsin Safer at Home order has been lifted, we are still very cautious about both the public museum hours and all other programming and will be proceeding slowly.
Our considerations are:
- The safety and peace of mind of both staff and visitors
- The availability of sufficient docent staff
- Being able to offer a good museum experience under difficult circumstances
Clearly safety is the top priority.
- The number of visitors will be strictly limited at both museums, with special attention given to the Depot and its small size
- Plans will be made for one way traffic around the museums and at the Depot one entrance and one exit door.
- No one will be admitted without a mask
- Bathrooms inside the Historical Museum will be closed to visitors
- Signage will firmly inform visitors not to touch any display
- Water fountains have been covered and out of use
- All Children’s interactive displays will be covered or removed. At the Museum that includes Josh’s Jammer and at the Depot the wood guessing game.
- Museum self guided tour sheets will need to be sanitized after each use
- The Family History book at the Museum will be available only with docent assistance
- There will be plastic or Plexiglas shields at the counters of both museums
- Gloves will be available to docents for cleaning and any other needed use
- Both Museums will be operating on a two day schedule, Thursday and Friday, 11-3
This list was created with reference to the WEDC guidelines and our own expectations of demand.