The Historical Museum building is the largest artifact in the collection. It began life as the recreation hall of Camp Tecumsah for Boys on Catfish Lake in the 1940’s. After the camp closed, the property was purchased by local businessmen Harry Pride and Francis Sailer for private development. They moved many of the buildings off site to preserve them.
The museum building was moved to its current site in 1969 and for many years was the social hall for the Knights of Columbus. The Knights sold the property to the Historical Society in 2012. After 18 months of renovation it opened in May, 2014.